Saturday, August 17, 2013

Coconut Oil






























             

             Before I decided to try coconut oil, I never understood what all the hype was about. I mean, I   thought of it as just an oil until about two washings ago! It all started when I decided to go to Walgreen's about a week ago to do my usual drugstore look around. I reached the vitamin section and the oil was just sitting on the top shelf calling my name!!! Pick me! Pick me! I couldn't resist. I needed to try out this "miracle oil". I mean, eh, what the heck? It's only $8.99 for 15 fl ounces. 
















Until earlier this morning the oil was just sitting on my vanity next to all of the other beauty products I either need to try, don't use, or am about to finish up. I didn't have anything to do today so I decided to apply the oil. In about ten minutes I was all set!

What you'll need:

5 cotton balls
1 shower cap
coconut oil 
(If you have long hair you'll need something to separate your hair.)

Lets begin !


  1. Part your hair into four sections.
  2. Start off with one of the bottom sections of your hair.
  3. Dip the cotton ball in the oil and dab your scalp 
  4. After you saturate that section with oil massage it in for about 15 seconds (massaging is optional).
  5. With your finger tips scoop some of the oil into your hand and apply it down your hair to the tips. Make sure that you really focus on the section that is the most dry. For me that would have to be the tips. They REALLY needed some TLC LOL! 
  6. After the piece of hair is full of oil I threw it behind my shoulder because I don't like feeling my hair on my neck , but you can leave your hair where ever you'd like. 
  7. Repeat 'til you have cover your whole scalp. Now place your hair into a bun with one of the items you used to hold the sections . Remember it doesn't have to be perfect! 
  8. Put the shower cap on.

Timing


Now, for timing. The time is the most important part after the application LOL. As long as you keep it on for at least 30 minutes you'll be fine. I suggest keeping it on over night or from when you wake up till when you are going to get to bed. Now, if you are like me I don't like having things on my head especially when I am sleeping. I just kept my hair up for 4 hrs.

The Result

 

Probably the best part of the whole process! My hair has been feeling so soft and tangle free and I have washed it twice since the treatment!!!!! I, Kiki declare coconut oil a miracle oil!!!




Xoxo, Kiki











1 comment:

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS